These days, people spend more time looking at their smartphones than they do on computers. Mobile devices allow people to stay constantly connected. And are helping them become smarter, savvier shoppers.
As people spend more and more time on their mobiles, smart businesses are catching on and increasing their mobile advertising in order to reach new customers.
What you will learn
In this post, you’ll learn about:
- Benefits of mobile-specific marketing
- Mobile opportunities available to advertisers
- Challenges to effective mobile advertising
Benefits of Mobile-Specific Marketing
Advertising to users on mobile devices can help you achieve a lot of different things.
- Increase Conversion: People that visit your site or click your ad can phone calls you and make inquiries if they are convinced, they need your goods or services
- Increase Visitors: Effective mobile marketing can drive more people into your shop or website.
- Increase your mobile app download
Mobile opportunities available to advertisers
Mobile advertising gives you a lot of unique opportunities such as;
- Connect with potential customers: For instance, you can target potential customers based on age, sex, status, location, or interest
- Show up in search results: Read our post on how to show up on search results.
- Appear when people search key terms related to your business or industry: Say you’re a plumber and you want to target homeowners who might need your services. Your search ads might appear when people search terms like: plumbers near me or kitchen sink clogged.
Helpful Tip to Run Effective Mobile advertising
- Focus on shorter keywords and phrases mobile users might search for. Remember, many people are all thumbs when it comes to typing on their phones! They’re not searching the same way they do on a computer. They’re much less likely to search for detailed, long phrases.
- Use display ads to target people who are browsing mobile sites. The ads can appear in the text, image, or video form, on those websites.
- Your message should be clear and Relevant content: Since mobile ads are naturally small, they should present a strong, concise message with a clear call to action.
- Advertise to people while they are using mobile apps. For example, if you want more people in your local area to know about your plumbing services, you can run ads to show on mobile Apps you think people interested in Plumbing service might be.
- Have a mobile-friendly website: Running brilliant ads is only half the battle. It’s equally important to have a mobile-friendly website, or your impressive ads on Google or Facebook could still fall flat. Because your mobile ads will send people to a site that hasn’t been optimized for their device. Leaving them with a less-than-stellar customer experience.
- Make use of customizing ads to make your ads work across a variety of screens: remember that not all mobile devices are the same. Using customizing ads will make your ads work well across a variety of screens. One way to do this is to use short, clear text in your ads.
- Make use of ad extensions. This will help people call you, or get directions to your shop’s address.
Just remember: these days, people are using their mobiles more than ever. So, it’s important to think about how you can reach them while they’re using those devices. You can advertise on search results, other websites, social networks, or even within apps.
To get the most out of your ads, you’ll want to have a well-considered overall approach to marketing on mobile devices. If you stick with us, we’ll cover the world of mobile advertising in much more detail.