What is Twitter Tips?
Tips is a feature that lets Twitter users add links to select third-party payment services (e.g Barter by Flutterwave, Cash App, Venmo, Chipper, etc) to their Twitter profiles. The Twitter Tips feature is a new way to support your favorite Twitter users.
Here’s how it works: when you enable the Tips feature on Twitter, an icon next to the user’s profile will appear. When you tap on this icon, you’ll be taken off Twitter to complete your transaction on whichever payment service you wish to add.
Where is Tips available?
The tips icon will only appear for users who have enabled the feature and set up one or more payment services. You can see if someone has enabled Tips by clicking their username on their profile page and looking for a green “Tips” icon next to their name.
The feature is currently available on iOS and Android devices only; it won’t appear on desktop or web versions of Twitter.
Getting Tips on Twitter via Barter
Twitter Users can now receive tips and donations instantly to their Barter wallets.
Follow the steps below to set up Tips on your Twitter profile:
- On iOS or Android, go to Edit Profile.
- Tap Tips at the bottom of the page (this is turned off by default)
- Consent to the General Tipping Policy to turn on Tips on your profile.
- Toggle Allow tips and choose Barter as your payment option.
- Add your Barter details to confirm your Barter account.
PS: When you add Barter or another third-party payment service to your profile, please note that your username on that service will be publicly linked to your Twitter account. Information about you, including, but not limited to, your full name, address, and your tip may be shared with the recipient or others, subject to the terms of the third-party payment service. Please review each service’s terms for more details.
How to retrieve your Barter payment link
To retrieve your Barter payment link:
- Visit the Barter by Flutterwave mobile app
- On the home page, select Request money
- Click the me link option at the top
- Copy your payment link.
Note: Your username on Barter will be publicly linked to your Twitter account information, including, but not limited to, your full name, address, and your tip may be shared with the recipient.
How to send money via Tips
- Click the Tip icon on your Twitter profile.
- Choose pay with Barter – this will redirect you to the Barter web platform and you will be required to log into your Barter account to proceed. You can download the Barter app on IOS or Google Play Store here.
- Enter the amount you want to pay.
- Confirm the amount of money to be sent and the receiver’s details.
- The money is instantly delivered.