Barter has a feature that allows users at home or oversea to send USD to anyone in Nigeria. It works just like western union and money gram but faster.
USD Cash pick-up is available on Barter for seamless remittance to friends and family.
You can now make cash pick-ups with ease for remittances into Nigeria using Flutterwave at designated pick-up points nationwide.
What is the US Dollar Cash Pick-up option on Barter?
The USD Cash Pick-up option is a delivery method that allows recipients to physically collect cash from a convenient pick-up location nationwide. Please note that cash can only be collected in USD in line with CBN directives.
How to initiate a US Dollar Cash Pick-up transaction to Nigeria?
Please follow these steps to initiate a USD Cash Pick-Up Transfer to Nigeria
- Launch your Barter App
- Click Send Money
- Click Send Money Abroad
- Input Amount
- Select the USD Cash Pick-up option
- Input Beneficiary details (Recipient’s name, Recipient’s Residential Address, Phone number, and Email Address)
- Select Pick Up location of your choice (UBA/Zenith Bank)
- Review transaction summary to ensure the details are correct.
- Input your Transaction Pin to complete the transaction.
Note: The transaction will be available for pick-up within minutes. Please ensure all information filled is accurate and the recipient’s name matches the name on a valid means of ID. A Unique Reference Code will be generated for the sender to be shared with the recipient. This is very important to ensure smooth pick up by a recipient.
What are the Requirements to send money via the USD cash pick-up option?
- Recipient Name: Please provide the recipient’s full legal name and ensure it matches the recipient’s valid means of Identification.
- Recipient residential address
- Phone number
- Email Address
- Purpose of Transfer (narration)
How will my recipient know the funds are available for pick up?
Flutterwave will notify the sender and the recipient via Email & SMS This notification will contain details of the transaction including the amount and pick-up bank. Just make sure the email address and phone number provided during the transaction is accurate.
Once the recipient is notified, they may proceed to pick up cash with the following steps:
Note: Recipients do not need to have an account with the bank to pick up cash.
- Present the Email/SMS notification showing the token received from Barter at the bank then tender the reference code to the bank representative.
- The recipient needs to verify identity using any of the following valid means of ID – International Passport; Driver’s License; National ID Card; Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC); or Bank Verification Number (BVN) slip.
- Once ID is verified, funds will be disbursed for cash pick up instantly,
Note: Recipients must have their mobile phone handy for seamless cash pick-up at the various pick-up locations. Recipients should also ensure the Unique Reference Code for the transaction is obtained from the sender to enable smooth pick up.
Which Information should the recipient take to the cash pick-up location?
The recipient will be required to provide the following information at the pick-up location once pick up notification is received:
- Sender’s name
- Reference number/Unique Reference Code
- Valid means of ID [this could be either an International Passport (Nigerian/Foreign), Permanent Voter’s Card (PVC), Bank Verification Number (BVN), Driver’s License & National Identity Management Commission card (NIMC)
- Relationship with Sender
- Purpose of Transfer (narration)
Cash pick up FAQs
Can a recipient pick up cash in Euros or Pound sterling?
No, Cash pick-up is only available in USD.
Does the recipient need to create an account on Barter to receive the cash?
No, the recipient does not need to have a Barter/Bank account to access or collect cash. All they need is the; sender’s name, reference number, valid means of identification, relationship with the sender (must be the same as the senders’ input), and purpose of transfer which must also be the same as the sender’s narration.
What is the maximum amount that can be sent/receive via USD Cash Pick-Up?
You can send a maximum of $10,000 per transfer. However, transfers above $2,000 would require extra verification in line with global laws to improve transaction safety. This means that pick-up time may vary, based on the transaction amount
Source: flutterwave support