The Data Science Fellowship Programme is part of the Kaduna State’s Data Revolution Plan aimed at strengthening the coordination in the collection and use of data for evidence based decision making. The Data Lab Project is jointly implemented by the Kaduna State Government, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Natview Foundation for Technology Innovation. It is a 5-year project aimed at supporting the State in implementing the Data Revolution Plan, with a core objective of developing human capital around data science and the use of data for decision making.
The Data Science Fellowship Programme over the period of 5 years, would be building the capacity of 100 youths in a cohort of 25 persons each year on Data Science and the use of modern tools in decision making. The 6-months programme with a focus on the health sector would have 3-months intensive training in a classroom learning environment and a 3-months paid internship; where participants would have an opportunity to work closely within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics.
As part of the State’s commitment to improving the use of evidence for decision making, the State over the period of the 5 years would be employing 25 participants to join the State Civil Service in supporting its vision.
- Age: 18yrs – 35yrs except for exceptional cases
- Location: The State of residence must be in Kaduna
- Academic Qualifications: Graduate of Tertiary Institutions in any of the STEMS courses particularly: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health related discipline. Undergraduates within the STEM fields identified who are doing their 6months to 1 year Internships are also encouraged to apply.
- Competency Level: We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge around using Data & Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills(Written and Verbal English)
- Gender: 50% gender balancing and distribution will be considered during the selection process.
It will be a 6 months programme.
To register, click here