There has been many occasions when people lose their Facebook account, maybe to hackers, they forgot their login details, or something just happened.
Many times, when this happens, all the data you have on Facebook is lost, forever. All the posts, the pictures, videos, memories of years, everything is just gone puff! As if Thanos snapped them off.
It can be such a painful event.
On the flip side, you might just want to permanently shut down your Facebook account, for whatever reason you might have.
Doing this would make you lose everything you have ever done on the account. However, transferring the pictures and videos you have on Facebook to Google photos could come in handy.
While you might not be able to retrieve the posts, I can show you how to transfer all your Facebook photos and videos to Google photos.
This would keep those files safe, if you happen to lose your account – as long as Google photos is up, and running.
Let’s start with how you transfer your photos and videos using the Facebook app.
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click the Menu button (three horizontal stripes on the top right corner)
3. Scroll down and tap Settings.
4. On the settings page, scroll down and tap “Transfer a copy of your Photos and Videos.
For security reasons, Facebook would ask you to enter your password again.
5. Enter your password, and tap continue.
6. Choose destination. As at the time of compiling this how-to, Google Photos is the only service listed.
7. Click Next.
Facebook would redirect to Google Photos, and ask for your login details. Enter the details, and watch your media files synced to Google photos.
If you are logged in on the Facebook desktop page, the same process applies too. Ensure your Google account is also logged in on the browser.
This would make it easier for Facebook to redirect to Google Photos.