A lot has been written, so much has been spoken and you must have tried and found out loads about the ChatGPT. To refresh our minds, developed by OpenAi, ChatGpt-3 as we all know is a chatbot built from Large language models and Natural language processing. ChatGPT is capable of engaging in human-like conversation, helps you write essays, and computer codes and returns answers to questions all with the help of artificial intelligence(Ai).
Just like the chatGPT-3, Google Bard is a new chatbot tool designed to engage in humanlike with the combination of LaMDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications) technology, natural language processing and machine learning, to provide realistic, and helpful responses to questions users may ask.
Reading through, you’d notice the similarity in function of these two Ai powered chatbots, however, we will go a step further to highlight a key difference between these two technologies.
1. Bard uses material that is already made available online, including statistics and sources. Bard also has access to recent data capable of delivering more up-to-date information. ChatGPT on the other only has access to data and records of knowledge not beyond 2021.
2. ChatGPT is supported by Microsoft, however, Google Bard has a better advantage of having access to loads of data being integrated with Google’s search engine.
3. Google Bard uses LaMBDA (Language Model for Dialogue Applications) while ChatGPT is built on GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer). ChatGPT also includes a plagiarism detector, Google Bard currently does not, as far as we know.
4. ChatGPT is said to be prone to making factual mistakes and embellishing stories. Google’s Bard AI is taught to provide users with verifiable information because of the data it gathers from the Google search engine.
5. Google Bard AI is said to have an edge over other AI platforms like ChatGPT in terms of the breadth and scope of information it can access.
6. Google Bard is said to be able to break down complex ideas into bits of comprehensible information to better disseminate information more broadly in a way most understandable to the category of its users e.g children. Chat GPT, on the other hand, produces material in response to the text prompt.
These are more the difference between the two chat tools, it is now up to you to decide which is most suitable for your needs.
Note: This comparison does not speak for the entirety of everyone but for the author. Feel free to check out the two chatbots and find things out for yourself.