Tech and startup focused online newspaper, TechCrunch, is receiving applications for its Startup Battlefield 200 (SBF 200).
SBF 200, according to the newspaper, is a “cohort of 200 early-stage startups” that would be selected by the company’s team to slug it out for a chance to receive a full VIP experience at Disrupt. Out of the 200 early-stage startups, one will go ahead to win a $100,000 equity-free funding.
Startups that are selected to participate at Disrupt will enjoy the following:
- Access to all the presentations, breakouts and roundtables at the show.
- Exhibition space for all three days of Disrupt. Note: The SBF 200 are the only startups allowed to exhibit at the conference.
- SBF 200-only workshops and pitch training with TechCrunch staff.
- The opportunity to flash-pitch investors, and TechCrunch editors.
- Media and investor exposure.
- A shot at competing in Startup Battlefield. (SBF’s world-class pitch competition has turned startups — like Dropbox, Mint and many more — into household names).
A group of TechCrunch editors will then select 20 startups from the 200, and these 20 would go ahead to participate in the iconic Startup Battlefield. Representatives of the 20 startups will receive private coaching, and make their pitches to a panel of judges and the entire Disrupt audience.
One startup will then emerge winner of the $100,000 prize.
To qualify for SBF 200, startups must fulfill the following conditions:
- Be an early-stage startup.
- Have a minimally viable product.
- Represent any vertical.
- Represent any geography.
- Have step-function innovation in your vertical.
- Be bootstrapped or have pre-scale funding (variable by industry).
Application is open till the 31st of July, 2022.
Disrupt 2022 will take place in San Francisco on the 18th to 20th October, 2022, with an online day on October 21.
To apply, click here.