Mark Zuckerberg during 2022 Conversation keynote announced important changes in the CLOUD API of Meta and in the same vein revealed a top requested feature for WhatsApp: the ability to transfer chat history from Android to iOS.
Just Last year, WhatsApp disclosed a new feature that will allow users to move their chat history from iOS to Android: at first, it was restricted to some Samsung phones, then Google enabled the support for all Pixel devices.
Finally, users can now Move Chats from android devices to iOS. Mark Zuckerberg published this post on his Facebook wall announcing the ability to securely transfer chat history from Android to iOS.
How To Move Chat From Android To iOS
Mark Zuckerberg shared his vision for WhatsApp Communities two months ago, including message reactions and other new features, and the how to Move chats to iOS feature was considered another step forward in improving the app.
Before one can start the process of migrating or moving chat history from android to iOS.
1. You need to have at least Android 5 installed on your Android device and iOS 15.5 on your iPhone. Since iOS 16 is a beta version, it is not guaranteed that it will work since WhatsApp does not provide support for beta versions of iOS.
2. Connect both devices to a power source. A cable is not required to move your data, in this case: just connect your devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
Your iPhone must be in factory order to use the Move to iOS app.
3. When you’re ready, open the Move to iOS app on your Android device and follow what the app prompts.
4. Enter the same code on Android that’s displayed on your iPhone, please continue and be sure to select WhatsApp right within the Transfer Data screen.
5. Ready to start the process to transfer data: tap START on your Android device and please hold on until all data is moved. You will be signed out from your Android device once the data is completely moved.
6. Tap NEXT to return to the Move to iOS app. Finally, you can continue to transfer the data from your Android device to your iPhone and wait for the Move to iOS app to complete the process.
7. After activating your iOS device, install the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger from the App Store: log into WhatsApp by using the same phone number used on your old Android device, tap START and please hold on.
8. After logging into WhatsApp for iPhone, your chats and media on WhatsApp will finally show up.
When you transfer your chat history across different platforms, WhatsApp is not able to see the data you transferred. In addition, you will need to manually enable the end-to-end encrypted backup option right within WhatsApp for iPhone if you want, even if you already enabled encrypted backups on WhatsApp for Android.