You can track and block the apps draining your data if you are worried about the rate at which your mobile data is being exhausted.
Here are a few things to do:
1. Turn on data saver or lite mode on chrome: If chrome is your most used browser, you can save data by turning on the lite mode or data saver mode. It will save data by loading less on a webpage. To do this, go to “settings” on your phone and “advanced settings” check for Data saver. Use the toggle switch to switch it on.
2. Set data warning and limit: Go to “settings” check for data settings and mobile data usage for your data limit. It tracks your data usage and warns you when you are about to reach your set limit. Your data will finally pause when you exhaust it to the set limit.
3. Check for updates, and set apps to update over wifi only: outdated software and possible viruses can cause unnecessary data usage. Go to your Google play store, set the download to over “wifi.”
4. Remove apps that use a high amount of data and also stop apps from working in the background: You can uninstall them from the home screen if you notice high data usage or use versions that use lesser data e.g. the lite versions. Go to the “app section of the settings” and turn off the toggle button that allows for background activity.
5. Change sync settings of your phone: If your phone is constantly syncing to your google accounts, you will probably use data. So, you should be able to change such an option based on your data usage.
Data shouldn’t stop you from doing what is important to you. Check my post on how to get cheap data in Nigeria here. You can also get MTN 1GB for N290 with 30 days validity today on 1APP.NG. Download the app now to get this massive benefit.