The HiiL Justice Accelerator has grown into the only accelerator and innovation ecosystem builder in the world focussed entirely on justice and SDG16.3. HiiL has built a unique ecosystem: 110 startups supported globally since 2011, that is very well positioned to deliver justice innovations, and collaborate with regional leaders.
Training, coaching, and funding new upcoming justice entrepreneurs to scale their business is now more important than ever. These justice entrepreneurs provide critical services needed in the current and post Covid-19 era.
The Innovating Justice Challenge invites the most promising justice startups from:
- East Africa
- West Africa
- Southern Africa
- Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
What IJC is looking for?
They are looking for startups that:
- have products or services that prevent or resolve justice problems (e.g. help people to get access to legal services, work on removing barriers for people to access financial services, or get a registered identity, preventing (digital) fraud, tracking crime, etc.).
- are already showing serious traction and measurable impact.
- have a strong business model with the potential to become financially sustainable.
- have the ambition and plan to scale across different markets.
- are led by a strong team of the experienced and inspiring founder(s).
What do IJC offer?
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4 month long programme that provides you with:
- Training, peer learning, coaching, and mentorship
- €10k non-equity funding
- Access to a global network of justice institutions, impact investors, legal tech organizations and academics
- Potential investment opportunities
- International exposure (at the INNOVATING JUSTICE FORUM 2021)
- Cash prizes (!) for the winners: #1 €20k, #2 €10k and #3 €5k
Are you a startup addressing justice problems and want to grow into an impactful business?
Do you want to be part of our unique ecosystem of justice innovators?
Then we are looking for YOU!
To apply, click here