Nigeria Oil and Gas Technology (NOGTECH) has put up $10,000 seed funding up to be won at the NOGTECH Hackathon.
The Nigerian Oil and Gas Technology Hackathon aims to enable local partnership in the technology revolution going on in the oil and gas industry. This is targeted towards birthing new sub-segment activities that create employment opportunities.
NOGTECH will offer seed funding, business mentorship, and incubation to selected idea. It will also provide an opportunity to create a world-class solution for operators and service organization within the industry, and other linkage sectors.
NOGTECH welcomes wide participation. However, there are laid down conditions of eligibility:
• Participant must be a Team or company of at least 2 or more members, and must have a founding team of at least, 75% Nigerian.
• The team/company must be registered as a for-profit business entity, or intending to register as such.
• Solutions to be provided by participants must be driven by digital technology at its core.
• Solutions must be in either idea stage, prototype level, or launched solution without commercial traction.
• Participants must be available to participate in a 3-day Hackathon, as well as a 3-month incubation, if selected.
The list of judges at the Hackathon include professionals like:
• Oluyomi Ojo who founded Printivo with two other colleagues.
• Kolawole Akinboye – Country manager, Nigeria for RP Global Energy.
• Ahmed Mukoshy – Web developer and entrepreneur.
• Timibiri Augustine – Pioneer Staff in capacity building, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
• Bolarinwa Durojaiye – Professional Technology Innovation Leader and Project Manager.
Other judges are Uchenna Okafor, Nkechinyere Udu-Nwachi, Tayo Bamiduro, Mohammed Ahmed Ndaman, and Olusegun Leigh.
The first stage, which is the call for submission of ideas, will be open till the 14th of July, 2020. The most promising teams will thereafter, be invited for an all-expense paid 3-day hackathon.
Read more and apply here